“A hacker of the Old Code.”
- Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever.
- Public goods belong to the public.*
- Software hoarding is evil.
Software does the greatest good given to the greatest number.
- Don’t be evil.
- Sourceless software sucks.
- People have rights.
Organizations live on sufferance.
- Governments are organizations.
- If it is wrong when citizens do it,
it is wrong when governments do it.
- Information wants to be free.
Information deserves to be free.
- Being legal doesn’t make it right.
- Being illegal doesn’t make it wrong.
- Subverting tyranny is the highest duty.
- Trust your technolust!
* Definition: A good is public if the marginal production cost is lower than the marginal billing cost.